Operator-Trackhoe-Pipe Division: Orange Beach, AL
Company: Hemphill Construction Company
Location: Orange Beach
Posted on: November 18, 2023
General Summary of the Position:
Responsible for operating a track hoe to excavate trenches, pull
trench boxes, back fill, and load materials in a variety of heavy
construction operations. When not operating track hoe, may also
operate other construction equipment and perform general labor
tasks as required.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge,
skills, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is
illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all
functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does
not imply that all positions within the class perform all the
duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all duties that may be
- Operate a track hoe to excavate trenches, pull trench boxes and
grade in heavy construction operations.
- Work cooperatively with the crew to accomplish tasks.
- Maintain tools and equipment so that they are kept in good
working order and are safe for use.
- Participate in training and other forms of development to
strengthen technical, safety and other skills.
- Operate other construction equipment as required.
- Consistently monitor and maintain compliance with all safety
policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment to include equipment
- Perform a variety of general labor tasks as required for the
- Trains and mentors other workers on operating equipment, safety
requirements and other construction processes.
- Perform daily routine maintenance on machine including
lubrication and monitor needed repairs/service requirements.
- Other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge in the proper use of track hoes and related
materials and supplies used in heavy construction work.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work under general supervision according to work
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and
- Effective communication skills to coordinate workflow with
other crew members.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Must have at previous experience operating a track hoe
(depending upon level of operator)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) strongly
- Valid appropriate state driver's license (general operator
license) required; Class A or B CDL strongly preferred.
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside
conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and
exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use
abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time
without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands)
and multi-limb coordination.
- Noise level is generally loud.
- Excellent stamina is required.
- Level C - Entry level operator with 1-2 years' track hoe
operation experience; may perform operations such as back filling,
basic trench digging, loading trucks, rough grading, etc.
- Level B - Mid level operator with 3-5 years' track hoe
operation experience; may perform more complex digging operations
such as work around existing utilities, finish grade, able to dig
in boxes up to 10', pull trench boxes familiar with benching &
- Level A - Senior level operator with 5+ year's track hoe
operation experience; may perform very complex digging operations
to include digging around existing utilities, finish grade, dig in
trench boxes at all depths, blue top finish, benching, sloping,
etc. This level is typically viewed as a production operator and
will know soil classifications and determining appropriate digging
techniques for each classification.
Keywords: Hemphill Construction Company, Pensacola , Operator-Trackhoe-Pipe Division: Orange Beach, AL, Other , Orange Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!