Company: Lutheran Services Florida Careers
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children
are safe, families are strong, and communities are vibrant.
LSF is looking for a talented Lead Counselor -who wants to make an
impact in the lives of others.
This position is on-call.
Purpose & Impact:
The Lead Counselor will supervise clinical aspects of professional
therapy, case management, and professional training in Escambia and
Santa Rosa Counties.
- Supervise professional work of assigned clinical
- Assures that assigned clinical program meets or exceeds all
licensing and quality assurance standards promulgated by DJJ,
C&F, the Florida Network of Youth and Family Services, and
other such agencies.
- Assures professional development of assigned staff for quality
- Maintains effective system of case management and client record
- Responsible for carrying pager to provide clinical
- Initiates, implements and maintains quality training program
for assigned degree and licensure candidates.
- Participates in variety of staff conferences and
- Assures that the region's statistical data is collected and
submitted for processing accurately. Assures that NETMIS data
collection forms are completed and submitted in a timely
- Responsible for case staffing and supervision.
- Provides individual, family, group and crisis counseling to
client population. Counseling for centralized intake may include
"in-home" as needed.
- Develops and conducts training for both clinical and
residential staff in coordination with the Clinical Services
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Must have a high level of energy, be adaptable to irregular hours,
be flexible to rotate on-call as needed, be able to travel as
- Must possess a master's degree in human services. This
requirement may not be waived. Must be licensed or license
- Must have minimum of 3 years clinical experience working with
troubled youth, preferably adolescents, and their families. Prior
supervisory experience highly desirable.
Skills/Abilities: - -
- Self-starter, who can work independently and is unafraid to
- Must be able to seek out supervision and help when
- Interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving, written and
verbal communication, and time management skills are required along
with the ability to transfer knowledge to others.
- Computer knowledge preferred.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population's
cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
- Must be well organized, effective administrator, as well as
excellent clinician; able to work effectively with others; good
communicator and loyal team player.
- Team player with co-workers, administrators and
- Accurate, complete, and timely submission of required
- Adherence to all licensing and quality assurance
- Effective and efficient staff and case supervision.
- Adherence to agency policies and procedures.
- Professionalism in all LSF matters.
Why work for LSF?
LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a wide
range of populations in need.?Mission Driven -staff members become
part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of -those in
need. Our staff additionally find -growth opportunities -as they
explore areas of interest within the?organization.?
Amazing benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Teladoc (24/7 access to doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-term disability
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary), AD&D
- Health and dependent care FSA
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer
- Tuition reimbursement
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity and inclusion
in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal opportunity
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida Careers, Pensacola , Head Counselor, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!