Operations Support Specialist II
Company: Solid Waste Disposal Authority of Baldwin Co AL
Posted on: November 20, 2023
This position provides support to the overall operations
including customer service, billing, dispatch, routing,
non-compliance, and scale operations functions by acting as a
backup where necessary. -This position also provides
administrative, data entry and research support for all areas where
directed which includes, but not limited to, heavy customer
service, resolving customer complaints, researching non-compliance
issues and other duties as assigned in the absence of other
departmental personnel. -This position also helps organize files
and follow up on outstanding customer account documentation and
Full Time: $15.63 - $25.63 Hourly
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain billing and collection documentation in an auditable
- Process new accounts, terminated accounts, and resolves problem
- Prepare all documentation necessary to request debits, credits
and balance adjustments to accounts. -
- Handle customer complaints, record the complaints, and resolve
the issue. If it involves another department forwards a copy to the
department and track the complaint until it is resolved. -
- Assist customers in determining correct account
- Inform customers of allowed exemptions and send out letters and
applications to qualifying residents. - -
- Work with customers on allowed exemptions and maintain accurate
- Maintain effective working relationship with public and Deputy
- Weigh all vehicles coming into and leaving landfill as outlined
by operations procedure.
- Calculate monies owed and determine cash or billing.
- Maintain records of all transactions as outlined by operating
- Balance accounts daily.
- Prepare receipts for deposits.
- Maintain effective working relationship with public.
- Keep Landfill Supervisor and Senior Accountant aware of any
- Maintain communications with other internal contacts.
- Accept and prepare payment for deposit and processing.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of auditing residential
- Assist the Director of Disposal Authority, Director of
Compliance, Director of Collection Services, Director of Customer
Engagement, Deputy Solid Waste Officers and Dispatch Supervisor --
Compliance and Routes to develop routes and research properties
found to be not on service.
- Assist in all Non-Compliance efforts, including but not limited
to; letter inquiry as to address status, door to door inquiries,
show cause hearing, illegal dump complaints and investigation,
solid waste policy and procedure enforcement. -
- Monitor the audit trail between field data and other BCSW
- Assist with GIS routing program to keep routes up to date and
accurate with information in the residential billing database.
- Provide back-up for scale operations, residential drive-thru,
dispatch function -and front desk as necessary. -
- Prepare various accounting and statistical reports for
management as requested. -
Required Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Strong customer relations and collections background.
- Excellent communication skills with command of English grammar
- Math skills to perform basic mathematical operations.
- Reading skills to understand various documents.
- Knowledge of filing system.
- Knowledge of SWDA procedures, as well as, general office
- Ability to keep clerical records and prepare accurate
- Ability to prepare effective correspondence.
- Knowledge and ability to operate office machines such as
typewriter, PC, copy machine, 10-key calculator, etc.
- Proficient in entry level accounting operations and bookkeeping
- Ability to organize heavy workload and accomplish required
- Knowledge of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, Word,
Excel, Access, Power Point and Organizer.
- Ability to create and maintain detailed spreadsheets.
- Ability to perform mail merge function in Word to accomplish
- Knowledge of billing and collection software.
- Knowledge of the AS400 System.
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports or similar report-writer
- Willing to work nonstandard hours as necessary.
- Willing to travel as required.
- Ability to work under stress of recurring deadlines.
- Self-motivated and team player.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college
- Three (3) years accounting and customer service experience.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that
provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable experience
- Experience with computerized accounting systems
- Experience in service-oriented field.
- This position requires the employee to see well enough to read
and write; hear well enough to respond to verbal communications and
speak well enough to answer questions in a polite, courteous
- Occasionally required to stand and walk with prolonged periods
of sitting at a desk and working on a computer with the ability to
reach with hands and arms; Body movement of mobility to bend, move,
stand, and lift.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Requires the ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the
actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in
performing essential functions.
- Work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data
and observing general surroundings and activities.
- Candidate must be able to perform the duties of this position
in various office settings when necessary.
- Tasks may be performed with some exposure to adverse
environmental conditions, such as extreme heat or extreme cold,
dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes,
temperature and noise extremes, machinery, vibrations, electric
currents, traffic hazards, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous
agents, violence, disease, or pathogenic substances. Work is
generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office,
maintenance shops, HVAC systems, light to moderate traffic).
Keywords: Solid Waste Disposal Authority of Baldwin Co AL, Pensacola , Operations Support Specialist II, Other , Summerdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!