Pharmacy Technician II
Company: Baptist Health Care
Posted on: November 17, 2022
The Pharmacy Technician II works under direct supervision of a
licensed pharmacist to perform supportive duties and tasks, in
accordance with Florida state statues/rules and regulations and
Baptist Health Care policy and procedures. This position assists
the supervising pharmacist in the proper assessment and preparation
of patient's medication orders including pharmaceutical care and
Take customer calls, refill authorizations and when necessary
communicate requests to pharmacist or otherwise assist with phone
requests. Maintains appropriate medication inventory. Checks the
order in, reorders inventory when appropriate, checks for outdated
product, and facilitates returns and recalls to wholesaler or
manufacturer. Filing the following: Rx hard Copies, Delivery
Receipts, Patient signature logs, Patient information sheets
Performs delegable tasks as allowed by departmental policy and
state law, which primarily includes the following: counting,
weighing, measuring, and pouring of prescriptions medications,
labeling of preparations & prescriptions, computerized data entry,
and retrieval of prescription & patient data. Provides information
and feed-back to pharmacists and pharmacy management as needed to
maintain proper patient care. Participates in department Continuous
Quality Improvement (CQI) Program, which includes attendance and
record-keeping functions. Responsible for following the
identification and prevention of Fraud, Waste, and Abuse. Maintains
current knowledge/certification/licensure. Pursues professional
growth and development.Assist in other duties as assigned to
support the operational needs of the department and organization.
May be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and
after severe weather and/or disasters.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Pharmacy Technician State of Florida Upon Hire
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Operations of cash register and other related clerk operations
are key components of this position therefore experience in these
areas is desirable.
- Phone etiquette and intake functions are a key component of
this position and experience in or demonstration of skills in these
areas is critical.
- Receipt, check-in and stocking of received orders are key
functions of this position and experience in these areas is
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to promote a positive team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. (High
- Ability to utilize pharmacy technology systems.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the operation and care of
specialized pharmaceutical equipment.
- Strong clinical pharmacy knowledge. (High proficiency)
- Strong organizational skill set. (High proficiency)
- General Windows-based computer skills (Medium proficiency)
- Knowledge of pharmacy operations. (Medium proficiency)
- Comprehensive knowledge of investigational drug policies and
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system
committed to improving the quality of life for people and
communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The
organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews
Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive
primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000
team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest
non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.
Keywords: Baptist Health Care, Pensacola , Pharmacy Technician II, Professions , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!