Building Maintenance Specialist
Company: Nemours Children's Health
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Nemours is seeking a part-time Building Maintenance Specialist to join our Nemours Children's Health team in Pensacola, FL.
This position is responsible for performing routine maintenance and resolving work orders to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the mechanical and structural systems, and to ensure the physical condition of the facilities does not deteriorate.
1. Perform corrective, emergency, and preventative maintenance of electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, medical gas, and facilities structures as required.
2. Perform routine carpentry tasks and painting and wall repair of external and internal facilities surfaces.
3. Follow a routine schedule to inspect, repair, or replace lamps and lighting fixtures.
4. Be knowledgeable in the operation, testing, and basic repair of facilities emergency operating systems and documents the status of equipment.
5. Be knowledgeable in facilities operation and maintenance.
6. Troubleshoot and repair down equipment; assist in determining the need for external vendors for repairs and maintenance.
7. Responsible for inspection, calibration, adjusting, lubricating, and repairing or replacing components as necessary.
8. Complete assigned preventative and corrective maintenance work orders timely and accurately.
9. Work with other trades personnel as assigned.
10. Assist in maintaining records to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
11. Coordinate, conduct, and document all fire and life safety measures throughout the facility.
12. Participate and employ behaviors that promote teamwork to achieve department goals.
13. Assist the Facilities Manager, Facilities Supervisor, and other Facilities Staff.
High school diploma or equivalent. One year of training after high school.
1-3 year of experience
As one of the nation's premier pediatric health care systems, we've made a promise to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. It's a promise that extends beyond our nationally recognized clinical treatment to an entire integrated spectrum of research, advocacy, education, and prevention.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to, leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive environment. All Nemours Associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day-to-day work with colleagues, patients and families.
Nemours aspires to have its workforce and providers reflect the rich diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of diverse backgrounds, race and ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, and those committed to working with diverse populations and conversant in multicultural values are strongly encouraged to apply. Please click here to review Nemours Anti-Racism Statement (nemours.org).
To learn more about Nemours and our commitment to treat every child as if they were our own, visit us at www.nemours.org.
Keywords: Nemours Children's Health, Pensacola , Building Maintenance Specialist, Professions , Pensacola, Florida
here to apply!