Facilities Maintenance Technician
Company: Solid Waste Disposal Authority of Baldwin Co AL
Posted on: November 20, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager,
the Facilities Maintenance Technician will organize, schedule, and
oversee all maintenance operations; personally perform general
maintenance and repair of all SWDA facilities; perform all phases
of maintenance, technical and administrative, in maintaining
facilities and equipment; communicates information to meet
organizational needs and assure smooth and efficient activities.
Full Time: $23.13 - $37.89 Hourly Rate Essential Job Functions
- Organize, schedule, and oversee all maintenance operations
assuring that associated activities comply with established codes,
rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and work with maintenance employees, and
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools
and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines
continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and
the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace
filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as
hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring
instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and
electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and
- Diagnose mechanical or structural problems and determine how to
correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts
catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to
diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of
- Maintain inspection records for fire suppression/detection
equipment, state and local fire marshal inspections, and related
- Coordinate the purchase of equipment and supplies as
appropriate.JOB REQUIREMENTS Education, Experience and Special
- High School Diploma or GED certificate required; Two-year
degree in related field preferred and experience with HVAC,
Electrical Plumbing, Welding, Mechanical and Carpentry
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in building
- Possess a valid driver's license; and
- Willingness to work non-standard hours, overtime and respond to
service calls during non-standard work hours. Required Skills,
Abilities and Knowledge:
- Skills to communicate with supervisor, subcontractors, and
- Math skills to take accurate measurements and perform
multiplication and division.
- Skills to complete order forms and progress reports
- Skills to understand mechanical reports, blueprints, and wiring
- Knowledge of plumbing, heating, air conditioning and electrical
- Knowledge of materials and quantities necessary for maintaining
- Knowledge of maintenance materials.
- Ability to inspect, diagnose problems, and complete repairs in
a timely and effective manner.
- Knowledge of basic carpentry.Physical Requirements:
Keywords: Solid Waste Disposal Authority of Baldwin Co AL, Pensacola , Facilities Maintenance Technician, Professions , Summerdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!