Company: Solid Waste Disposal Authority of Baldwin Co AL
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Full Time: $21.81 - $35.74 Hourly Rate
Essential Job Functions
- Complete landfill gas system well field balancing in accordance
with regulatory guidelines.
- Prepare well field monitoring reports.
- Complete landfill gas extraction system maintenance activities
including flare system maintenance, condensate pump station
maintenance, and other system components as specified by the
manufacturer (activities may require heavy lifting).
- Assist in the compliance reporting for landfill gas system
under the regulatory permitting program.
- Conduct environmental monitoring and/or sampling
- Maintain gas and leachate systems liquid removal pumps as
- Program environmental monitoring equipment.
- Complete unscheduled landfill gas system repairs after
- Complete extension of landfill gas extraction wells as
Planning and Coordination
- Review, analyze and suggest improvements to Department Staff
related to operational efficiencies.
- Conduct studies and evaluations of landfill environmental and
control systems and prepare operational and procedural
recommendations to Department Staff.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance for environmental
and control systems to Department Staff.
- Complete training and continuing education as necessary to
achieve and maintain Certifications required by Federal, State, and
- Strive to continually improve the efficiency and quality of the
environmental and control systems. -
Required Skills, Abilities and Knowledge: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Writing and oratorical skills necessary to make reports to
Department Staff and Regulatory Entities.
- Basic computer skills for data entry and reporting.
- Knowledge of applicable occupational safety, health, regulatory
requirements, codes -and permits.
- Planning and scheduling skills to provide guidance to
contractors and other professionals.
- Ability to conduct meetings over large and small groups.
- Strong problem- solving skills and attention to
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
Education, Experience and Special Requirements
- High School Graduate with some college.
- One (1) year of experience with landfill environmental and
control systems including Landfill Gas Recovery. - - - - -
- Valid driver's license and be insurable by insurance standards.
- Computer, mechanical and construction experience.
- Must work non-regular hours when necessary.
- Willingness to attend meetings and other work activities after
normal working hours.
- Some college in engineering, environmental science, or a
closely related field.
- Experience operating heavy equipment typically used on a
- Alabama Landfill Operator's Certification.
- Class "B" or higher commercial driver's license
- See well enough to read, write and safely operate assigned
equipment; Hear well enough to respond to verbal communications.
Constantly using vision and hearing when reading monitors, being
aware of surroundings and listening to equipment, traffic and
- PPE is worn to minimize exposure to hazards that cause serious
workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Speak well enough to answer questions in a polite, courteous
- Body mobility to perform maintenance and operate various types
of equipment; Body movement of mobility to bend, move, stand, and
- Use of hands and fingers to perform work.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pulling, or exerting 30-50 lbs.,
10-30 lbs. frequently or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
- Frequent standing and walking to complete daily tasks often in
various terrain elevations, sitting when driving and operating
equipment, walking around inspection sites, carrying equipment and
supplies, climbing onto equipment, and using foot controls to drive
trucks and operate equipment.
- Occasional kneeling or crouching when using a level and
monitoring equipment, bending to connect parts or use tools, and
balancing when mounting and dismounting heavy equipment; daily
lifting/pushing/pulling equipment, reaching for of handling tools
- Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to adverse
environmental conditions, such as extreme heat or extreme cold,
dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes,
temperature and noise extremes, machinery, vibrations, electric
currents, traffic hazards, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous
agents, violence, disease, or pathogenic substances. -
Keywords: Solid Waste Disposal Authority of Baldwin Co AL, Pensacola , Environmental Technician, Professions , Summerdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!