Solid Waste Technician
Company: Solid Waste Disposal Authority of Baldwin Co AL
Posted on: November 20, 2023
The Solid Waste Technician performs routine manual labor which
does not require a high degree of skill; may also drive trucks and
light tractors while in a training status and related work as
apparent or assigned. - In most cases, the SWT will work under
immediate direction of an employee of higher grade or a
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs related manual labor as required.
- Mows grass, prunes shrubs, rakes grass and removes trash from
- Must be capable of operating collection trucks.
- Must be capable of lifting garbage cans. - - -
Equipment Operation and Maintenance:
- May drive or operate any collection truck or vehicle that does
not require CDL.
- May drive pick-ups on light hauls.
Full Time: $14.90 - $24.41 Hourly RateRequired Skills, Abilities
and Knowledge: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - -
- Basic skills in the operation, maintenance and safe use of
trucks and light tractors; basic knowledge of the problems involved
in operating assigned equipment; general knowledge of traffic rules
and regulations; Knowledge of safety rules, including accident
causes and prevention (taught on the job); ability to maintain
effective working relationships with associates and general public;
ability to effectively communicate in a courteous manner.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License. (Commercial Driver's
License required for promotion.)
- Willing to work overtime and weekends in emergencies or when
- Willing to comply with the following dress standards: clean,
neat attire with appropriate foot and hand gear.
- Willing to work evening shifts; Willing to go pick up garbage;
Ability to follow directions; Willing to assist mechanics as
- See well enough to read, write and safely operate garbage
truck; Hear well enough to respond to verbal
- Speak well enough to answer questions in a polite, courteous
- PPE is worn to minimize exposure to hazards that cause serious
workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Body mobility to perform inspections and operate vehicle; Body
movement of mobility to bend, move, stand, and lift.
- Use of hands and fingers to perform manual work.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to operate lever, gears,
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move 100 pounds.
- Frequently standing and walking to complete daily tasks,
sitting when driving and operating vehicle or equipment, climbing
onto equipment, and using foot controls to operate vehicle or
- Occasionally kneeling, bending or crouching when monitoring
vehicle, and balancing when mounting and dismounting; daily lifting
shovels, tools and other equipment, pushing/pulling equipment,
reaching for of handling tools and supplies.
- Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to adverse
environmental conditions, such as extreme heat or extreme cold,
dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes,
temperature and noise extremes, machinery, vibrations, electric
currents, traffic hazards, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous
agents, violence, disease, or pathogenic substances. -
Keywords: Solid Waste Disposal Authority of Baldwin Co AL, Pensacola , Solid Waste Technician, Professions , Summerdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!