CLASS A CDL LOCAL DELIVERY DRIVER
Company: Mohawk Carpet, LLC
Posted on: March 15, 2019
Mohawk Industries provides a premium level of service with its private fleet and more than 250 local distribution locations. All equipment is safe and professionally maintained. Mohawk Drivers receive excellent benefits-health, dental, holiday, 401k, tuition reimbursement, college bound savings program & much more!--
Average $1,300 per Week
Give us a call at 866-429-5011!
A Mohawk Delivery Driver is responsible for delivering Mohawk products (carpet, wood, ceramic tile, vinyl, pad, sundries) safely and efficiently to customers or warehouses.
- Completes pre-operational and post-operational inspections on all job related equipment to include tractors, trailers and off-loading devices
- Completes required DOT and company related paperwork
- Communicates with regional transportation personnel at regular intervals throughout route
- Delivers product to customers at agreed upon times. Unloads product in a safe manner while paying attention to the quality of the product and the requirements of the customer
- Collects payment and/or return items from the customer
- Communicates delivery specific information to transportation personnel to aid in territory planning and route maintenance
- Properly secures or re-secures the cargo as required
- Operates equipment and adheres to all safety regulations and requirements sent forth by Mohawk Industries, in addition to those mandated by local, state or federal laws.
- Must be willing to cross-train on other jobs
- May be required to operate lift truck (pole, fork) or other equipment supplied by the customer in order to unload goods Save
- Any other duty or assignment requested by management
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license (CDL)
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must have a minimum of 6 months recent and verifiable commercial driving experience (with a semi-tractor & trailer) and be familiar with the region
- Must pass a pre-employment DOT physical and drug screen (and receive a medical certification of at least 1 year), a skills (driving) assessment and a physical agility assessment
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written, and have good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and manage time effectively
- Must be able to safely operate equipment in all types of weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs., unassisted, several times throughout the workday
- Must be able to maneuver heavy product (100-700 lbs.) using fork lifts or pallet jacks repeatedly throughout the day
- Must be knowledgeable of DOT regulations
- Must meet all the qualification requirements of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Parts 383 and 391
- Must be able to handle challenging or difficult situations, including with customers
- Must be willing and able to work extra hours or different shifts as necessary
- Must have ability to operate Intermec handheld equipment and e-logs
- Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures on a frequent basis
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries has been a trusted name in carpets for more than 130 years and is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Columbia, Century, Dal-Tile, American Olean and Quick-Step. Mohawk's unique merchandising and marketing assist our customers in creating the consumers' dream.
Keywords: Mohawk Carpet, LLC, Pensacola , CLASS A CDL LOCAL DELIVERY DRIVER, Professions , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!